Latest Competition Information
Men’s Open – Voyle Bowl/Fulford Cup – 14th October 2018
Unfortunately due to heavy rain on Sunday morning we had to abandon the Men’s Open. This had already been re-scheduled from July when we had equally atrocious weather. There is now no available date when the course will be in a suitable condition to play for these cups this season, so, sadly 2018 will see no winners of the Voyle Bowl and Fulford Cup. Let’s hope for better weather in 2019.
Fulford Heath Golf Club Competitions
At Fulford we have a variety of competitions designed to interest all ranges of both members and visitors, from the 9 hole social competition on Monday evenings through the summer to the 2 day Club Championship to the Club team events. So if you want to join in to a certain type of competition or just want to play in everything, take your pick.
For the visitor to our Club you can choose between playing in one or several of our Opens or if you have any friends or colleagues who are members at Fulford you could play in the Invitation Day and you could also come and try the course first hand at one of the regular Open Days.
There is also the option of bringing your Society to the Club for a day and we have many packages we can offer that are designed to suit all requirements.
If all else fails then contact our Secretary / Manager and arrange to play the course as a visitor.
For our members there is nothing better than the range of competitions available. Whether you want to play medal, stableford, bogey, fourball, team or knockout all formats of golf are there for you to play.
For most of the competitions you simply sign up in the Pro Shop before going out to play. The individual medals, stablefords, etc are normally signed up for on the day of the event with the bigger games like the Club Championship, signed up for a few weeks in advance. The sheet with the list of names is always in the Pro Shop waiting for your name.
Team events are handled by the individual Captains who deal with their teams in their way. The Seniors normally put lists up on their noticeboard, the B Team uses emails and notices and the Juniors, West Mids & Scratch team usually contact the people that are eligible individually.
Fulford has one of the best Ladies Sections around and they have explicit information detailing all their matches and competitions including the Mixed events, on their boards, which are to the right as you walk into the corridor leading to the changing rooms.
If you need any further information please do not hesitate in completing the contact form below, or go to our contacts page.
Description of Various Competitive ways to play.
- Medal Play – a stroke play competition, counting the total number of strokes taken on each hole during a round
- Stableford – scoring points based on the number of strokes taken at each hole, where bogey = 1, par = 2, 1 under par = 3, 2 under par = 4, etc
- Bogey – this is, in effect, a matchplay competition in which the golfer plays a hole-by-hole match against par, scoring a 0 for a par, + for better than par and – for worse than par
- Matchplay – is a scoring system in which a player, or team, earns a point for each hole in which they have played better than their opponents; remembering to adjust handicaps and give shots as appropriate.
- Fourball better ball – all four golfers play their own ball throughout the round rather than alternating shots, and each hole is won by the team whose member has the lowest score.
As a member or a visitor to our Club we appreciate your participation in the various competitions our Competitions Committee organise and on two pages connected to this page you will find the results, descriptions and information about each competition plus for the Opens an application form.
All Club Competitions can only be entered into in the Professional shop.
If you wish further information on anything Competition related, please send the contact form below.